Activate your Florida, Georgia or
North Carolina license with Park Place.
Park Place contract translated in 100+ languages
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
CONTRACT BETWEEN PARK PLACE REALTY NETWORK, LLC AND NETWORK SALES ASSOCIATE
THIS AGREEMENT is entered into between Park Place Realty Network, LLC, a Florida corporation (Doc. # L10000056684) with its principal place of business at 2500 W. Lake Mary Blvd, Suite 220, Lake Mary, FL 32746 (hereinafter “PPRN”) and the licensee whose name appears below (hereinafter “NETWORK SALES ASSOCIATE”) for and in consideration of the following promises, agreements, and covenants:
WHEREAS, PPRN is licensed as a Real Estate Broker in the States of Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina and is qualified to and does operate a general real estate referral business and does enjoy the goodwill of, and reputation for fair dealing with the public; and
WHEREAS, Network Sales Associate is now engaged in business as a referral real estate sales associate, and has enjoyed, and does enjoy a good reputation for fair and honest dealing with the public as such; and
WHEREAS, it is deemed to be the mutual advantage of PPRN and Network Sales Associate to form the association hereinafter agreed to under the terms and conditions hereinafter set out.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing, the parties agree as follows:
1. Network Sales Associate fully understands that he/she will not be permitted to list or sell but will only act in the capacity of a source of referrals. Network Sales Associate is not to solicit listings of any brokerage firm.
2. Network Sales Associate agrees to conduct his/her business so as to conform to and abide by all laws, rules, regulations and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to real estate sales professionals in Network Sales Associate’s geographic area.
3. Network Sales Associate hereby agrees to refer to PPRN any and all information regarding potential customers for the sale or purchase of real estate (the “Leads”). Subsequent to the referral of the Leads to PPRN, Network Sales Associate shall have no further duties or obligations with respect hereto, except to refrain from interfering with later activities by other parties as are contemplated hereunder. PPRN prohibits Network Sales Associate from negotiating any and all referral commissions. Any referral commissions negotiated without PPRN's knowledge or approval, regardless of the time of such negotiation, may result in Network Sales Associate receiving a lower commission on that particular referral.
4. PPRN shall refer all leads to another duly licensed broker serving the market area of the Lead (the “third-party broker”). Thereafter, Network Sales Associate will be advised of the identity of the third-party broker, to whom the Lead has been referred. Network Sales Associate is aware that PPRN has been organized to provide a real estate referral service that PPRN will not actively participate in the sale, purchase, or leasing of the property. Both parties recognize PPRN endeavors to select qualified third-party brokers and when applicable, special sales associates. In the event that customer/client chooses of his/her own volition to do business with another sales associate or broker, there may or may not be a referral fee available. Network Sales Associate is allowed to choose their own third-party broker as long as the third-party broker agrees to PPRN’s referral fee.
5. Network Sales Associate is aware that PPRN does not, and will not, maintain membership in any Boards of Realtors or Multiple Listing Services.
6. PPRN agrees to distribute referral fees earned by Network Sales Associate no later than ten (10) days after receipt by PPRN, or as soon thereafter as such funds have cleared PPRN’s bank account. PPRN is not liable to Network Sales Associate for any referral fees not collected and any expenses associated with the collection of a referral fee shall be shared in direct proportion to the participation. Network Sales Associate will receive 90% of the total referral fee received by PPRN up to 25% standard industry referral fee. Any amount earned above the standard 25% referral fee is retained by PPRN. PPRN must earn a minimum of $100 per transaction. Many referrals for New Home Construction can yield a higher referral fee back to PPRN since PPRN will be required to be more involved in those transactions. In that case, PPRN would split that much larger referral fee with Network Sales Associate 50/50. Referrals are subject to approval by PPRN.
7. PPRN shall not be liable to Network Sales Associate for any expenses incurred by Network Sales Associate, or for any of his/her acts. Network Sales Associate acknowledges that he/she is not an employee nor a partner, but a Network Sales Associate with an independent contractor status, with no rights of worker’s compensation, salary, pension, sick leave, sick pay or other attributes of an employee relationship.
8. Network Sales Associate recognizes that there are no mandatory referral quotas to meet or any mandatory sales meetings to attend and that each associate has their own responsibility to purchase the license, and all other expenses necessary, and to pay and maintain their own auto insurance, hospitalization, or whatever other insurance he/she may choose to maintain.
9. It is mutually agreed that this contract may be terminated by either party thereto at any time upon written notice given to the other. Such termination, however, shall not divest Network Sales Associate of any rights to referral fees earned on referrals under contract but not yet closed, as long as they close within 365 days of Network Sales Associates termination date. Upon termination of Network Sales Associate’s relationship with PPRN, all prospects and referrals which Network Sales Associate may have secured during this association with PPRN shall remain the property of PPRN.
10. Network Sales Associate shall not, after termination of this Agreement, use to advantage or to the advantage of any other person or corporation, any information gained for or from the files or business of PPRN.
11. It is understood that this Agreement is subject to change at the discretion of PPRN. Any changes to this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be made available to Network Sales Associate. If Network Sales Associate does not agree to be bound by any changes to this Agreement then Network Sales Associate must inform PPRN, in writing, of such disagreement. Any notice of disagreement regarding changed terms shall be deemed by all parties to be a termination of the Agreement.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to any conflict of law principles. If any provision of this Agreement is determined by any Court, arbitrator, or other tribunal to be unenforceable then the remainder of this Agreement shall be enforced as though the unenforceable provision does not exist. The sole jurisdiction and venue for any dispute regarding this Agreement shall be Seminole County, Florida. In any dispute regarding, related to, or arising out of this Agreement, including those related to its interpretation or requirements, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorney's fees and costs at all stages of litigation, including any appellate action.
Administration Fee Information
• Network Sales Associate shall pay to PPRN an annual non-refundable administration fee (“Administration Fee”). Network Sales Associate’s initial Administration Fee is due and payable upon becoming affiliated with PPRN. Subsequent annual Administration Fees are due upon Network Sales Associate’s annual renewal date assigned by PPRN (“Renewal Date”).
• PPRN will send notice of Renewal Date and Administration Fee Renewals to Network Sales Associate before Renewal Date. Network Sales Associate is responsible for paying Administration Fee on or before Renewal Date. If PPRN has not received payment for Network Sales Associate’s Administration Fee on or before Network Sales Associate’s Renewal Date, PPRN reserves the right to make Network Sales Associate’s license Inactive under PPRN.
• The annual Administration Fee is $100.00 per year. From time to time, as PPRN deems appropriate, PPRN may increase the Administration Fee by providing written notice to Network Sales Associate in advance of Network Sales Associate’s Renewal Date. Network Sales Associate agrees to pay the new Administration Fee commencing on the next Renewal Date.